Do you want the skills and knowledge to help play an important role in your organisation’s response to the climate challenge? This accredited short course will give you the know-how to work with management and Cert IV qualified specialists to make a real difference.
The Certificate III is an accredited workplace qualification for operational staff. Developing carbon management skills will enable front line workers to recognise and support the operational improvements required by business today.
This competency-based qualification provides business with the critical green skills needed to identify and capture energy efficiency improvements and reduce carbon emissions from business operations.
Certificate III graduates develop skills and competencies to enable them to contribute to and carry out local implementation of a whole of organisation carbon reduction strategy developed by managers who have completed the Certificate IV workplace qualification.
Students attend 1 day per week for 5 consecutive weeks. In addition, students will need to complete up to 12 hours of workplace activities, research and assessment tasks each week for 8 weeks.
Course Code: 91500NSW
The Certificate III qualification consists of 8 accredited units of competency:
- Communicate climate change impacts and recognition of sources of greenhouse gases
- ￼Measure carbon emissions in three scopes
- Evaluate Carbon Reduction and Renewable Energy Options
- Assist implementation and monitoring of a Carbon Management Response Plan
- ￼Assess and select low-carbon products and services
- Reducing heavy vehicle carbon emissions
- ￼Complete a carbon Life Cycle Analysis for a product or service
- ￼Evaluate , select and implement a greenhouse gas abatement progr￼am
What business benefits will flow from the training?
• Build organisational capacity to implement energy efficiency and carbon reduction plans
• Eliminate dependence on external consultants to measure, monitor, report and implement carbon reductions -
build asset capability and eliminate non-recoverable expenses
• Create ownership and accountability for carbon emissions across the business
• Develop common and shared understanding within business teams
• Reduce energy costs and carbon emissions without jeopardising business performance
• Validate and verify your carbon reduction strategy and response frameworks to customers, suppliers, investors,
Course tuition cost: $2100 Course administration fee: $362
For further information or to enroll , contact us.